Sunday, September 7, 2008

Unfortunately...

No SNB live blog tonight. Due to circumstances beyond my control (iffy internet connection of late, a certain someone with the remote), I will not be able to provide commentary on tonight's Phillies-Mets game. The Hamels-Santana is a great matchup and I'm betting that the word "changeup" will be said 50 times through the game. If anyone can keep count, that would be great. :) I may be able to do a delayed one if I feel like it but there are no guarantees and if it does happen, it will be much briefer than usual.

For some reason, the "I need to write this fast and get dough" nature of AP articles give me a little chuckle. For the most part, expecting the same in-depth detail about the subject of an AP article one would in a typical column is a bit of a fool's errand given the different nature of each. That said, I would guess that one would expect more than this found via Indystar.com:
Helio Castroneves won today’s PEAK Indy 300 race in Joliet, Ill., but New Zealander Scott Dixon won the season’s IRL championship.

Dixon also won this year’s Indianapolis 500 in May.

In the first 16 races this season, Dixon had a record-tying six victories and 13 finishes of fifth or better. But he had three finishes of 11th or worse, too.

Other racers in the 28-car field included Danica Patrick and Milka Duno.

That's it. The whole race summed up by info I could find on Wikipedia. Money well spent! Then you add the token mention of drivers who were previously involved in an overly publicized spat and you get a deep look into the abyss. If you're going to mention them, why not add where they finished? Why does poor Sarah Fisher get left out? Don't leave me hanging!
.
.
.
.
.
.
Fine! Just for that, I shall subject you to this:


I am still embarassed that he's associated with the series.

No comments: