Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Rich Lederer is Not a Fan of Admiral Piett


Busy times in Grifland (which is what I call all my parks on Rollercoaster Tycoon) but I have time at the moment. So, I was going to write a huge rant about John Heyman's evident moonlighting as Scott Boras's right hand man. I still might, but it should be noted that Rich Lederer is a better writer than me.

And he's already done that.

The entire article can be summed up with this money quote:
While Boras is no fool, Heyman is a tool for the Scott Boras Corporation.


The article goes on from there in the predictable fashion, expanding on the Heyman's work as the Mouth to Boras's Sauron. It's worth reading, and it would be hilarious if it weren't so damn offensive.

We keep our fandom out of this for the most part, but I am especially aware of Heyman's transparent spin doctoring because he seems to take a special interest in the Texas Rangers. The rant just happened after I finished that sentence, but I cut and pasted it elsewhere because I'm too tired to formulate something coherent and I don't want to post garbage. It's coming, though. Ohhhhh it's coming.

But, for now, I leave you with Lederer's second most money quote of the article:
Now, if I can just convince Boras that Blyleven is worthy of the Hall of Fame...

No comments: