Friday, January 9, 2009

HOF Links

HEY GUYS!!!!!! How the heck are ya? Holy shit it's been a long time! I guess it's because things have been pretty lackluster on the baseball front lately, seeing as every single notable free agent has or will sign with the Yankees. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I just find it incredibly boring that this economical situation we're in is even going so far as to effect the multi billionaires that make up the majority of MLB owners. I don't know about you, but I'm ready to get back into the swing of things. I mean, we got the Hall of Fame results coming up, spring training next month, the World Baseball Classic the month after that. I'd say it's finally time to put the holiday lull behind us and get excited for some baseball!

Since Goose already got us started with some HOF talk, here's a few interesting links I came across concerning this year's group. More posts are forthcoming, but I'll let you make of these what you want:

Rob Neyer picks apart the idiocy that is Corky Simpson. A man who--among other things-- chose NOT to vote for Rickey Henderson.

Jerry Crasnick continues to play the all-too-familiar "fear" card in reference to Jim Rice.

Here's a look at how nine writers at the Chicago Tribune voted (all of whom apparently hate Mark McGwire).

Just in case you missed it the first time, "Bad Wax" shows you what it takes to create a truly shitty ballot.

Those are just a few I've come across so far. Hopefully I'll be able to devote entire posts to some golden ones here in the near future. Be sure to also check out Bert Blyleven, Tim Raines, and Alan Trammel's stat pages to see how incredibly idiotic it is that these three players probably won't even sniff the Hall of Fame this year.

One more day till results! Finally!

1 comment:

Goose said...

For some reason, "Bad Wax" reads like a Woody Paige piece.