Wednesday, December 10, 2008

There's Light at the End of the Tunnel

Sorry I've been gone lately, guys. I don't want to speak for everyone, but I probably do when I say things have been pretty busy lately. Holidays and such.

And my mom wants me to clean her basement, and that takes a long time.

I have a backlog of things I want to post, but for today I come in to report good news.

Slowly but surely, the Baseball Writers Association of America is becoming more inclusive. The organization just held a meeting here at Bellagio and, for the second straight year, humbly voted to add a few Internet writers to their newspaper-dominated ranks. Joining the inaugural crop from last year will be Will Carroll and Christina Kahrl of Baseball Prospectus and Rob Neyer and Keith Law of ESPN.com.


These four people have one awesome thing in common: sabermetricians.

It is truly great to see the BBWAA (and I will now officially refer to them as such, rather than the BBRAA) opening their doors up finally to progressive baseball thinkers who don't meet their traditional standards of the grizzled beat writer but rather cover and WRITE about baseball from other sources but are none-the-less credible.

Good job, Baseball Writers!

1 comment:

Goose said...

I applaud them for this move.

Now how about an update to your website, eh? http://www.baseballwriters.org/

One word: Java!

Two more words: Not neon.